marți, 1 februarie 2011

Business cards with Facebook links

Check out this nugget from an article on Entrepreneur.com about trends in business cards:

"Rob Schlacter [VP of business services for Staples, Inc.] says high-school age teens venture into Staples to create social networking cards that include information like Facebook and MySpace links. If your business uses social networking as a marketing tool, consider displaying that information on your cards."

Would you include a social networking link on your business card? Weigh in with your thoughts on this topic!

p.s. Thanks to Rebecca Thorman of Modite for pointing out YoungGoGetter.com's business card contest!

7 comments:

Andy Drish said...
Hey Lindsey! Along the same line, I'm going to get some "social cards" for traveling through Europe... Nothing related to business; just a simple way to keep in touch with all the other travelers.
Meredith said...
I think these social cards are a great idea!! I have found a website that allows you to design your own cards, and has templates for blogger cards (great for your blog, or facebook, myspace or Ziki ID)!! They also have some cute square cards, and even FREE business cards with more creative designs. http://www.ooprint.com
Rebecca Thorman said...
You should link back to this post: http://www.younggogetter.com/2007/10/01/win-5000-business-cards-from-ygg-and-orange32-400-value/ in your post so that you can win business cards. :)
Xavier said...
Fabulous idea! Love it.
Kate said...
I don't know about listing a facebook link, but I recently ordered some basic cards with my personal contact info, to hand out to non-work contacts instead of my business card. They do include my blog URL though.
Lindsey Pollak said...
@ Rebecca - thanks for sharing the YoungGoGetter.com contest -- added the link!
April said...
I work with people all over the world and was surprised a few days ago to have a major contact 'facebook me.' For me, facebook is for friends ... not for professional contacts half way around the world whom I have actually never met in person!